Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My adventures


I have decided to start this blog to share my adventures from the second life of mine. Since early spring I have posted al lot of my photos from SL on flickr (see them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_byron/) and that is great experience for me as I am a keen photographer in real life and really like that in SL too. However I have missed the possibility of keeping a thread between the photos and a discussion of my thought's in Flickr. That is why I decided to try this format as a compliment to the Flickr postings.

A few words about me.... I am a Swedish man in my best years, not a teenager and not retired but somewhere in between. I live in the coutryside in southern Sweden since a long time but was born in the Swedish capital Stockholm.

Second life has totally fascinated me since I tried it for the first time almost a year ago. I am almost obsessed in trying to understand as much of it as possible. That understanding includes the techniques behind the creation, how to build and script things... but also to understand the social interaction at work here. I will be honest and say that totally I low the dark sides in there but that I am totally fascinated by the creativity at work an all the friendly humanistic spirit of so many more.

Even though I am Swedish and English is my second language I have decided to write this blog in English to support the international spirit in here. I support cultural differences and all thoses things, that is great, but I really hate nationalism and all the bad things that follows when you think you are superior in some way. We are all the same species, sharing just one planet, for the future of our kids and all other living beings...... that is a huge responsibility!!!

Well, I guess you think I am to serious..... but don't worry... I like to party and dance too... but if it comes to priorities... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment